Most people live in a two-storey property that has a staircase to access the upstairs and we do tend to take mobility for granted, while the stairs do not present any issues. As we age, getting around becomes more difficult and climbing the stairs can become dangerous.
Here are a few tell-tale signs that you need to contact a stairlift supplier.
- Out of breath – If climbing the stairs causes you to be out of breath, this is a sure sign that you need to approach a stairlift engineer in Market Harborough and they can design the unit and quote an all-inclusive price.
- Arthritis – Arthritis is a very painful condition that caused swollen joints and moving around can be difficult. In the event you have to stop halfway up or down the stairs, this is dangerous, especially if you live alone.
- Back pain – Back pain can be chronic and that can stop you from climbing the stairs. Rather than struggling, you would be better advised to contact a local stairlift supplier and ask them to pay you a visit and quote for the installation.
- Fainting – If you have been passing out recently, this could happen while on the staircase and this is reason enough to consider installing a stairlift.
- Hip replacement – Having a replacement hip demands careful recovery and the doctor would advise you to occupy the ground floor, as least for a few weeks. This is the ideal time to look into installing a stairlift, which can be rented for a period of time.
When you make contact with a stairlift supplier, they help you to choose the best option; new or used, buy or rent and in no time, you will be able to use the entire house.
Comments are closed.